[tex-live] Two versions of Latin Modern Math?

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Nov 1 09:13:03 CET 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 09:32:20PM +0100, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2012, Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
> >I noticed that a new version of Latin Modern Math was made avialable,
> >but it was installed as:
> >fonts/opentype/public/lm-math/lmodern-math.otf
> >
> >While there is already an older version installed as:
> >fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmmath-regular.otf
>
> You are right. .../lm/lmmath-regular.otf was added to the lm package
> in 2011 after some requests, but only in the TL repository. The
> canonical distribution on CTAN doesn't contain such font, so it
> should be removed
> from TL.

But packages depend on the actual file name, so now after
lmmath-regular.otf was removed unicode-math is broken (if the user
didn’t specify a math font), and I believe ConTeXt depends on that file
name two. I thought the purpose for lmmath-regular.otf name is two allow
for a future lmmath-bold.otf font, no?

Regards,
 Khaled