[tex-live] Impossible to the make TL GUI window short: very annoying!

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed May 23 04:52:48 CEST 2012

On Mi, 23 Mai 2012, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
> I tried 2012 pretest on both Win7 and Win XP (in wmplayer), and of
> course, I can resize install-tl -gui window, but it that case there's no
> scrolling available.

Indeed, looking into the code I see:
  if (!win32()) {
    require Tk::Pane;
    $subframe = $mainwindow->Scrolled("Frame", -scrollbars => "oe");
  } else {
    $subframe = $mainwindow->Frame;
  }

hmmmm... I remember now that Taco reported crashed when using this
on Windows.

FOr now I activate it again since we have a new perl, let us hope
that it is going fine.

Everyone, please test as far as possible on Windows computers!

Best wishes

Norbert
`Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.'
you should send that in to the
"Reader's Digest". They've got a page for people like you.'
                 --- Ford convincing Arthur to drink three pints in ten
                 --- minutes at lunchtime.