[tex-live] pdflatex segfaults - /Group dict missing - pdfpages with nup 1x1

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed May 16 02:05:48 CEST 2012

    !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ./test.pdf): PDF inclusion: /Group
    dict missing
     ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Well, I'm glad it doesn't crash any more.  I recall Thanh (or someone)
making fixes in this area.

As for the actual problem, I've forwarded it to Thanh.  The error
message is coming from line 951 in pdftexdir/pdftoepdf.cc, but the
actual problem is apparently in pageDict->lookup, or earlier.
Cannot delve further now ...