[tex-live] TL2012 texmf-local issue

Yan Zhou zhouyan at me.com
Mon May 14 16:08:09 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I just installed TL2012 pretest, with MacTeX version. However, the texmf-local directory and the TEXMFLOCAL variable now points to /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-local instead of /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local as before. Is is on purpose?

In addition, this new locations seems do not work properly. I manually removed this directory and linked it to the old one, without changing any TL setting. So now kpsewhich --var-value TEXMFLOCAL still points to ..../2012/texmf-local which is a symbolic link now. However, when trying to run updmap-sys, it seems the map files in the texmf-local are not read as before.

Best,

Yan