[tex-live] movie15 and media9

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 11:04:11 CET 2012

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote (quoting i know not who):

> > The longer-term answer is for free software PDF readers to implement
> > these features.  I urge capable programmers to get involved with poppler
> > (or something) to help.
>
> Please add my vote to that as well. I would love to have a free pdf
> reader that knows how to handle javascript, ocgs, forms and annotations.

add to that "process any valid pdf file, and produce printable output".

i know of no "free" reader that does that, but acrobat reader does (for
all examples that have arisen here).

i don't add any vote to urge others to develop things: i have no right,
since i could not possibly help in such an effort.  unlike taco, i seem
to have lost my programming skills as old age advances on me.  since
people seem to think that time moaning about the tl policy should be
spent on developing free readers, i should obviously not make any
further contribution, and consider myself useless.

robin