[tex-live] movie15 and media9

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 16:43:49 CET 2012

2012/3/18 Horst Hohberger <horst at sjtu.edu.cn>:
> Sorry for butting into the discussion, but I feel confused. Is it actually the case that
>
> 1) movie15 and/or media9 is not using any proprietary components and is available under a "sensible" FOSS license
>
> and
>
> 2) the output of movie15 and/or media9 uses certain features of PDF that are part of the ISO standard
>
> but
>
> 3) said features haven't been implemented by any viewer except Adobe's?
>
> And it should still be excluded from TeXLive because of 3) ? I understand the logic of excluding proprietary software, but out seems strange (to put it mildly) to use 3) as a basis for exclusion.

I have not tried movie9 but files created by movie15 work with AR7 on
Linux. AR can freely be downloaded. I have seen AR included on many
CD's with other products, maybe it would even be legal to distribute
it with TL (I do not know, I have not studied the license).

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/