[tex-live] movie15 and media9

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Sun Mar 18 13:59:43 CET 2012

Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Mojca,
>
>>     "rm movie15, requires acrobat"
>
> I don't know the details, but if pdfs generated with movie15 can only be properly viewed wirh acro*, then it is according to the policy to remove it.
>
> We have removed several times packages that need non-free stuff to be useful, and this policy will not change.

There are times when I truly despair : I thought that the
era of book-burning was long in the past.  Would you also have
providers and users of "non-free stuff" burned at the stake,
flayed alive, or scourged and crucified ?  As far as I can
see, everything under \bin\win32 requires "non-free stuff"
in order to be useful, yet as far as I am aware no-one has
yet recommended that it, too, be removed from TeX Live
('though at the present rate of progress, that day may not
be far off).

Once upon a time, sensible people believed in "live and
let live"; what possible reason can sane followers of the
false god Libre and his prophet(s) have for this unending
attempt to proselytise by force ?

** Phil.