[tex-live] Debian freeze - last chance for changes

Paul Vojta vojta at math.berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 23 00:00:38 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 08:11:19AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Debian is going to freeze on 30 June, so if we want to get fixes
> for what is currently in Debian, that is what is the current
> status of the DVD, please let me know. THat is what will be
> in Debian stable for the next 1+ years.
>
> One thing that comes to my mind is the regression with respect
> to polyglossia and defaultfontfeatures, see
> Arthur, any progress on that?
>
> Other than that I don't see anyhting serious for now. I might
> update the updmap-setup-kanji script to actually work ;-)
>
> And the move of lgrxenc.dfu into the right place (email from Werner
> on tex-live).
>
> If there is anything else, please let me know.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Norbert

Some development has been continuing with xdvi(k) after the TL code freeze.
You might want to consider adding those changes to the Debian version.
For the most current version, grab the copy in CVS (on sourceforge), not the
latest numbered release.

Recent changes include:

  o  Added support for XkbBell (so that the bell works again with newer servers)

  o  Fixed bugs in the handling of 32-bit window properties (for source specials)
     on 64-bit platforms.

--Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu