[tex-live] Raspberry PI

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 20:12:11 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> 2012/6/22 Khaled Hosny:
>> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 12:34:32PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>> ./install-tl: could not find a usable xzdec.
>>> ./install-tl: Please install xzdec and try again.
>>
>> Looks like a missing xz-utils package to me.
>>
> I thought xz-utils is a part of TL. Maybe the installation program is
> unable to recognize the platform and thus cannot find xz-utils. I just
> guess...

The xz-utils are there. It is only that the platform is not properly
recognized. After forcing the platform name, TeX Live works properly
(albeit slowly).

Mojca

PS: To comfort Norbert a bit: the first ConTeXt hello world took 500s
including an automatic run of "mtxrun --generate" and generation of
ConTeXt format. Subsequent ConTeXt runs took 18 s (which brought me
back to 2004 when I started using ConTeXt and found it to be awfully
slow).

So raspberry pi seems to be "almost as bad" as decently new computers
running Debian on ext3/ext4 ;)