[tex-live] TL 2012 pretest MacTeX texmf-local ignored?

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Jun 1 20:41:52 CEST 2012

Robert,

Let me echo Herb's report. On my more or less vanilla machine, PATH returns

	/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/texbin

The only reference to TeX is /usr/texbin, and that has been the case with MacTeX
for several years.

I added a file to /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex, ran mktexlsr, tried
kpsewhich thefile.sty, and the file was found.

Your "opt" gives rise to the possibility that you have a MacPorts version of
TeX which is seen first. Our usual suggestion in that case is to make
sure /usr/texbin come first in your PATH.

Dick Koch