[tex-live] texmflocal

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Jul 21 21:17:58 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-21 at 08:13:01 +0200, Bernd Rellermeyer wrote:

 > Hello,
 >
 > I have two directories in TEXMFLOCAL, using brace expansion. At
 > least the updmap script does not work with this configuration but
 > seems to expect only one directory. Otherwise it throws an error in
 > line 248. Is this just a bug in updmap, or is TEXMFLOCAL meant to
 > expand to only one single directory?

Please don't assign a list of directories to TEXMFLOCAL.  If you need
additional directories, better create new TEXMF trees and add them to
TEXMF and, if desired, to TEXMFDBS.

Assigning a list to a TEXMF variable is fine if programs search for
files.  Some programs however, like getnonfreefonts, have to write
files in TEXMFLOCAL and it's not clear where to put them if TEXMFLOCAL
is a list.  The current version of getnonfreefonts supports lists
because someone asked for it.  I've never been happy with this
"feature", thus it's not documented and will probably be removed in
the future.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25