[tex-live] Installation problem? checksum mismatch: siunitx

Bernhard Kleine bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
Tue Jan 31 14:14:12 CET 2012

Am Dienstag, den 31.01.2012, 12:47 +0000 schrieb Robin Fairbairns:
> Bernhard Kleine <bernhard.kleine at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > all fonts freshly reinstalled using
> > sudo tlmgr install --reinstall collection-fontsrecommended
> >
> > Obviously a problem of siunitx ?!
>
> what!?  you mean, you've removed it from your example, and the error
> goes away?
>
> > \documentclass[a4paper]{scrbook}
> > \usepackage{fontspec}
> > \usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
> > \selectlanguage{ngerman}
> > \usepackage{siunitx}
> > \usepackage{palatino}
> > \usepackage{mathpazo}
> >
> > \begin{document}
> > ae:ä; oe:ö; ue: ü; sz ß; ßß
> > \end{document}
>
> this is minimal in the sense that i'm slim!
>
> what's the point of babel or siunitx?  better to have used article
> class, because of the amazing volume of crud you get, in the log, from
> scrbook.
>
> try cutting the thing down, to see what causes it to stop failing.
Come on, it is siunitx. Try this

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{siunitx}
\usepackage{palatino}
\usepackage{mathpazo}

\begin{document}
test
\end{document}

remove/comment the siunitx line, run lualatex again and the mismatched
checksums disappear.

BTW Do not kill the messenger of bad news! that is prehistorical.
Unfortunately I do not know you persionally, this and the earlier code
is much slimmer than many MWE shown here before. It is at least much
slimmer than I am. :)

Greetings

Bernhard

(okay, is was wrong yesterday, but today is another day)