[tex-live] Volunteering for TeX Live 2011 License Audit

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jan 25 00:33:50 CET 2012

Hi Karl,

On Di, 24 Jan 2012, Karl Berry wrote:
>     I would like to help for the TeX Live 2011 License Audit.
>     http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2011-December/030735.html
>
> Thanks for offering, but most of the items on the list have been
> addressed, and the remainder are in progress.  So I don't really have
> anything to offer for you to do.
>
> If you're interested in helping with licensing issues in general, not
> just TL, I expect the libre distros (http://gnu.org/distros), Fedora, et
> al., can always use volunteers.

Hi Karl, funny, I related him to the main TL list because I thought
it is best if we don't do the license audit in each and every distribution
independently, but trust in TL following its guidelines. So doing
the audit in TL upstream is the best place.

But as you said, and I agree, it seems that we have anyway - thanks
a lot to first some Debian guys (Frank), and now Fedora - improved
the situation a lot.

Best wishes

Norbert