[tex-live] TeX Live bugs: Some missing files

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Tue Feb 21 06:31:12 CET 2012

Here's some more.

pst-layout has  pst-layout.sty in the doc tree
(doc/generic/pst-layout/tex/latex/pst-layout/pst-layout.sty)

The following packages:
   pst-2dplot
   pst-am
   pst-dbicons
   pst-platon
   pst-soroban
   pst-uml
   wsuipa
all have documentation in doc/generic, but no run-files in
tex/generic (only latex .sty files in tex/latex). It seems
the documentation ought to be in doc/latex.

Of course, nowadays one can use texdoc and not worry where
the doc files are, so this is not a priority, I think.
(But I have written a couple of scripts that expect this
sort of correspondence.)

robin fairbairns said:

>as it is, we wouldn't have noticed anything wrong without the amazing
>diligence of dan luecking -- so (yet more) kudos to him!

While I am willing to accept all kudos as well-deserved, these
discoveries did not require much diligence (amazing or otherwise).

I had noticed in the past a few empty directories under doc/ .
I conjectured that an auto-removed package might not always have
its directory removed for some reason. I never found a corresponding
empty directory under tex, so I ran a simple command that checked
each directory under doc/latex and doc/generic for the existence of
a matching one in the appropriate location under tex/ .

It was mainly idle curiosity, and all the information that I
have passed on was obtained in less than 1/2 hour. (Which I
had to spare because I had been laid up several days with the flu.)

Best regards, Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Fayetteville, Arkansas