[tex-live] FW: TeX Live file associations

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 12:54:11 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:
> I saw this behaviour on a fresh install-tl installed Win 7, just yesterday.
>
> The laptop already had Adobe Reader installed, never the less, psv took over all PDF files.
>
> I've seen this on several computers now.

Throwing out a possibility (because I've seen this trip up programs
before) is one of those associations a system-wide one and the other a
per-user one, by any chance?

Windows 7 allows for two levels of associations, so non-privileged
users can set file-type associations for themselves. I've seen
programs get confused about whether an association existed when they
were looking for one kind but only the other existed.

So if the system has a second user, which program is associated with
PDFs on that profile?

—Joel