[tex-live] FW: TeX Live file associations

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 12:15:34 CET 2012

Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:

> norbert said:
>
>> psv is the better pdf viewer, but still existing preferences should not be overeritten.
>
> in which sense?
>
> I often advise users to use AR to print their PDF instead of say the build in viewer in texmaker

fwiw, we regularly find that output from some-free-acrobat-
reader-or-other has seized up a printer.

100-\epsilon% of the time, reprinting using acro reader solves the
problem.

(of course, some users learn, so over time the incidence of the problem
tend to decrease.)

the plus side is that it maintains demand for technicians ... something
the university would really rather not contemplate.

robin in cambridge, a university run by loonies, as with so many
universities nowadays :-(