[tex-live] Unattended TL install

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Aug 24 12:32:14 CEST 2012

Lars Madsen wrote, On 2012-08-24 09:49:
> Karl Berry wrote, On 2012-08-23 23:57:
>>     so since the installer detected miktex in the system path, the
>> installation failed?
>> No, I didn't mean to imply that.  It wasn't clear from your message if
>> you saw some other failure.
>>

> As far as I know that was the only thing se saw
>
> I can ask him to repeat
>
>>     even though TL was added to (the end of) the PATH,     menus was
>> added etc...?
>>
>> Sounds like success to me.  If tlpkg/texlive.profile isn't there, well,
>> I'm baffled.

I just had him do a TL12 reinstall

on all of his Win 7 systems (not sure if they are all virtualized),
install-tl.bat crashed with the notorius 'perl is not working error' (or
what ever the message is)

install-tl-advanced.bat

works fine. But no texlive.profile is created

He also wonders why this install-tl.bat vs. install-tl-advanced.bat on
windows 7 has not been fixed?

We have seen quite a number of these on Win 7, especially 64-bit, which
seems to be the default these days.

--

/daleif