[tex-live] ctan->tl updates caught up

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 14:23:35 CEST 2012

Zdenek Wagner wrote:
 > There is a good reason. People usually routinely make backup. To copy
 > the whole disk every day (or in some companies several times a day)
 > would be very expensive, thus the backup is incremental and it is
 > necessary to know what was changed from the last backup time.

Indeed.  That last part is very clear.  And when the file is created
by TAR, its "last-modified" date will be set to the time of
its creation, will it not, since it has not in fact been modified
in its new home.  If this takes place automatically, why is it
necessary to then explicitly set the "last-modified" date ?  This
is the part that I am clearly failing to understand.

** Phil.