[tex-live] ctan->tl updates caught up

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 11:14:53 CEST 2012

I have looked at the URL that Tomek cites, and of course
being (I think) PERL, it is singularly impenetrable, but
/if/ I have understood it even moderately correctly I am
unclear as to one point (well, more than one really, but
they all refer to the same central theme) --

1) Why does the installer seek to alter the "last-modified" time ?

2) Why, if this step can be safely omitted under Windows, can it
	not be safely omitted for all operating systems ?

** Phil.
--------