[tex-live] Oddities concerning listbib package

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Apr 25 01:55:13 CEST 2012

    listbib.tex isn't documentation but a file supporting the listbib
    shell script and should IMHO be found by kpsewhich and therefore go
    to tex/latex/listbib/?

Ack, done.

    This file is a shell script. Should it be executable?

Yes, and in the bin dirs.  Also done.

    Additionally, the listbib package uses a listbib.bst file which is
    neither part of the TeX Live installation nor on CTAN

That's because listbib.doc is also listbib.bst (see comments at the top
of the file).  I moved it into TL's bibtex/bst/listbib.

   maybe a CTAN maintainer follows this list ...

Indeed, Robin Fairbairns is quite active on this list (thanks Robin :),
but if there had really been a missing file on CTAN, the person to talk
to would have been the package maintainer, since they are the ones who
would need to re-upload it.  At least, that would be the first avenue to
pursue.  Fortunately, nothing is actually missing in this case.

Best,
Karl

P.S. to all: I'll be away the next few days.  Back online Monday.