[tex-live] dvipdfmx on CentOS 5.6 (glibc 2.5)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Apr 20 00:23:45 CEST 2012

Hi Karen,

On Fr, 20 Apr 2012, Karen Ellrick wrote:
> Oh, I simply saw "Site admin: tutimura" at the very bottom of the page
> and assumed... :-}

Yeah, I know.

> and such."  It isn't clear to me that the repository from which ordinary
> users are directed to update is a directory of code not yet finalized.

I added already a paragraph to make it clearer.

> Would it be good for me to go back to square one, follow the directions
> again but skip that step, so that I have a clean copy of TeXLive 2011 in
> the right place?

No need. tlptexlive brings you:
- update of the binaries eptex and dvipdfmx
  this was the problem, since these binaries for x86_64-linux are
  compiled on my system (Debian/sid) and are thus quite new.
  After you have compiled your own using my script, you are settled.
  The advantage you get from either using the binaries I provide,
  or recompiling yourself, is that there are several fixes in (e)ptex
  and dvipdfmx.

- uptex
  that is by now not in TL proper, I have to wait until TL2012 freezes.
  But it will be included ass it is now, so there will be no difference

- pxdvi/pmpost
  These binaries will not enter TL proper, but are here for enjoyment
  and usage. pmpost seems not very important, but pxdvi seems to
  have a regular crowd using it.

So going back to original TL will only bring you
- no uptex
- old dvipdfmx and eptex

But this is all temporary, since with TL2012 this repository
will either go away or be merged into tlcontrib.

>>> It's 36MB - let me know off-list where you want me to put it (I
>>> suspect it's too big for email).
>>
>> For me no problem.
> Okay, I sent it.

Thanks for informing me, of course the email with the big attachment
was caught in the spam folder. Got it and will test it.

Best wishes

Norbert