[tex-live] dvipdfmx on CentOS 5.6 (glibc 2.5)

Karen Ellrick osakawebbie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 03:34:26 CEST 2012

> And the second line (the tlptexlive update --all) brought in a different
> dvipdfmx that does NOT work on your computer.
>
> This is NOT the original TeX Live dvipdfmx, but binaries *I* provide
> for testing.
In that case, Tsuchimura-san (or as he spells it, tutimura, with whom I
have not had any communication) should edit
http://tutimura.ath.cx/ptexlive/?tlptexlive%A5%EA%A5%DD%A5%B8%A5%C8%A5%EA so
as not to instruct innocent users to use that command.  It currently says:

    * update from tlptexlive repository:
               tlmgr --repository
    http://www.tug.org/~preining/tlptexlive/ update --all
    this will update ptex for the fixed binaries, dvipdfmx for binary
    updates,

I now notice "~preining" in the path, but the instructions make it sound
like that *is* the standard repository.

> If you want please send me the generated binaries as mentioned
> on the tlptexlive wiki page, and I will check whether they work
> on my system, and then I will replace the ones in my repository
> with your binaries, so that more people can use it.
Okay, I made a .tar.gz file of my built binaries (I don't know how to
exclude the symbolic links, but they are harmless and don't take up any
space).  It's 36MB - let me know off-list where you want me to put it (I
suspect it's too big for email).

Remember, though, that I didn't build X, so there will be some binaries
missing from the collection.

Karen