[tex-live] programs without --version

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 03:27:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 04:24:37PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:

> Mojca, if there are programs maintained as part of TL that don't support
> --version, we can (and want to) fix those.  Other programs maintained
> elsewhere ... you'd have to talk to those maintainers.

To save you some time, some of my programs already support
option --version:
  dosepsbin, mkjobtexmf, pdfcrop,
but the older ones don't. Thus I have updated
  pax, pkfix, thumbpdf, vpe.
Also pdfcrop is updated to get the same format of option --version.
The updates are on their way to CTAN.

With the next bundle update (hopefully sooner than later),
also pdfatfi from attachfile2 will be updated.

I think, I have catched all of my programs. They should
provide option --version that prints a line in the following format:
But let me know if I have missed something.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek