[tex-live] dvipdfmx on CentOS 5.6 (glibc 2.5)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Apr 18 01:15:48 CEST 2012

Hi Zdenek,

On Mi, 18 Apr 2012, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> /home/zw/tmp/dvipdfmx: /lib64/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not
> found (required by /home/zw/tmp/dvipdfmx)
>
> Thus it seems that dvipdfmx works on my computer because I have not
> run "tlmgr update" for a long time. There is only one remaining

How is this connected? tlmgr does not change any binaries till now,
AFAIS. It is only about the compilation problem.

> mystery: I can build all binaries (sans xindy) from the up-to-date svn
> working copy without any error.

We once had a discussion on tlbuild how to *actually* determine which
libs are loaded by inspecting the ELF header, not using ldd.
Maybe someting like
	readelf -a dvipdfmx | grep -i "shared library"
or also
	readelf --version-info  dvipdfmx
?

Best wishes