[tex-live] dvipdfmx on CentOS 5.6 (glibc 2.5)

Karen Ellrick osakawebbie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:16:31 CEST 2012

> By svn checkout of the whole development tree ... you don't want to do
> that .. ;-)
I believe you! :-)

>>> (besides the cases when binaries don't work, which is a pain)
>> Yup, I feel that exact pain... ;)
> Please work with Zdenek to check *why* it doe snot work. It should
> definitely, as he is has older and newer CentOS running ...
Okay, CCing Zdenek on this.  But I don't know what other information I
can share.  The binary of dvipdfmx in the x86_64-linux package
complained that it needed glibc 2.7, and my copy of CentOS 5.6 has 2.5.
(When I rented the VPS it came with CentOS 5.5 - I upgraded it to 5.6.)
I don't know what version of glibc is on Zdenek's systems, and whether
he has a slightly different build of dvipdfmx for some mysterious
reason.  In order to find out, I will send a separate email just to him
(to avoid problems with the mailing list) and attach the binary that
failed on my machine - he can try it there.  And conversely, if he wants
to send me his binary, I'll be happy to run it on my machine and report
back.  And if you or he wants me to try other commands, let me know.

Karen