[tex-live] dvipdfmx on CentOS 5.6 (glibc 2.5)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 14 23:34:40 CEST 2012

Hi Karen,

    It said, "done"

It's the "exit status 2" that tells you there was an error.

    gcc -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wdeclaration-after-statement
    -Wno-unknown-pragmas -g -O2   -o pdfopen pdfopen.o sendx.o utils.o
    -lX11 -lXmu
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXmu

Yeah, unfortunately, there is some known nonsensical problem with
finding Xmu.  I can't debug extensively right now, but if you run
  Build --disable-pdfopen
(assuming you don't care about it) it should avoid building that program
and hopefully it will finish.

If it works, the resulting binaries will be in a new inst/ directory (at
the same level as Work/, not inside it).

I'm not sure if we can build x86_64-linux on an older system to avoid
this yucky problem in the first place.

Best,
karl