[tex-live] dvipdfmx on CentOS 5.6 (glibc 2.5)

Karen Ellrick osakawebbie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 23:07:19 CEST 2012

Oh, I just looked closer at the end of the build output, and realized
that there was an error.  It said, "done", so I thought it completely
gracefully, but here is more of the last part:

    mv -f .deps/utils.Tpo .deps/utils.Po
    gcc -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wdeclaration-after-statement
    -Wno-unknown-pragmas -g -O2   -o pdfopen pdfopen.o sendx.o utils.o
    -lX11 -lXmu
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXmu
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [pdfopen] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory
    `/root/texlive/Build/source/Work/utils/xpdfopen'
    make[2]: *** [subutils] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/texlive/Build/source/Work/utils'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/texlive/Build/source/Work/utils'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

    real    25m11.885s
    user    5m28.984s
    sys     1m19.600s
    + echo 2
    done (exit status 2) Sat Apr 14 22:44:30 JST 2012

What do I need to do to get it to run properly?  According to "man ld",
"-lXmu" would mean that it was looking for a library called "Xmu" that
didn't exist.  I have no idea how to fix that.

I don't know if it's relevent, but I did have to try Build twice before
it succeeded - my SSH connection quits randomly fairly often (I think
it's my ISP's fault), and the first time I tried Build, it quit during
the build.  I just restarted the SSH session and ran Build again.  Is
that bad?