[tex-live] Possible corrupt file in install tarball

Karen Ellrick osakawebbie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:13:45 CEST 2012

It's possible that this is just something only in my download (I didn't
try downloading again), but I thought I should let you know in case you
want to check the original.

I'm using a VPS with CentOS 5.6. I did "wget
http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/install-tl-unx.tar.gz",
untarred it, cd-ed to its directory, and ran install-tl as instructed.
But when installing all the files, it choked on eiad.doc.tar.xz, saying
the file was an unrecognized format. I tried to run xz on it manually
but it still failed. Since the filename seemed to indicate that it was
only a documentation file, I simply deleted it and ran the install
again, and this time it completed with no more errors, installing the
"x86_64-linux" package. I haven't done much to use the program yet, but
the basic "latex small2e" test worked.