[tex-live] Ftuture state of XeTeX in TeXLive

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 19:37:00 CEST 2011

2011/10/28 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 05:57:20PM +0200, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> I don't know much about Indic scripts, all I know is that we have no
> special code for Indic shaping, so if things work then it works because
> it relies on generic OpenType features that require no special handling
> from the engine.

Sorry for the noise, I was not careful enough to look and forgot that
I see the XeLaTeX result, not lualatex. The rendering is not correct
and when I tried a real Hindi text (a few poems) it looks really
terribly. I know the rules for Devanagari but do not know where to
plug them in. My knowledge of luatex is almost zero, I have just
passed Taco's lua tutorial last year on CM at Brejlov. Lua as a
language will not be difficult for me (I already know Algol, PL/I, C,
C++, Perl, PHP, Pascal, Java, Tcl), I just have to learn lua's TeX
interface.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/