[tex-live] Fontconfig for XeTeX versus regular fontconfig

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Oct 28 13:53:54 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:39:13PM +0100, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> I believe the worst of the problems with xetex/xdvipdfmx font
> mismatches due to multiple versions of the same-named font could
> actually be fixed fairly easily, by modifying xetex so that (when
> using fontconfig to find fonts) it always writes the absolute path to
> the font file into the xdv output (as if the font had been specified
> by absolute pathname in the source document).

Trying to understand XDV files, I found that dviasm does not support it,
so I hacked it a bit and it can now dump XDV files (but does not write
them back), I put it here[1] in case anyone is interested. (That is
first time I look into DVI format, also XDV is not really documented so
I, more or less, blindly followed what xdvipdfmx's dvi.c is doing).

[1] http://www.khaledhosny.org/files/tmp/dviasm.py

Regards,
 Khaled