[tex-live] TEXMFHOME when using install-tl on a Mac

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnnl.gov
Wed Oct 5 22:23:59 CEST 2011

On Oct 5, 2011, at 13:11, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> But if you install TeX Live, it doesn't matter where MacTeX looks for
> files.  Or did I misunderstand something?

Correct, for TeX itself.  However, it matters with respect to Alan's
remark that "[most] advice about local additions for Mac users will
point people to ~/Library/texmf."  For better or for worse, this has
carried over from Gerben Wierda's gwTeX to MacTeX, so we have years of
documentation and postings on mailing lists telling people to put
additions in ~/Library/texmf.

--
Adam