[tex-live] Announcement: New maintainers for Polyglossia and ArabXeTeX

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Oct 4 22:57:16 CEST 2011

	Hi all,

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 09:05:10PM +0200, FC wrote:
> I will also forward to him all emails I have received relating to
> polyglossia during the past year.

  I'm still waiting, by the way ;-)

> Obviously this new situation will be for the common benefit of all XeTeX
> users. I cannot speak for Arthur but it may not be too wild to imagine that
> a future version (or fork) of polyglossia will also support LuaLaTeX.

  Now that is a spoiler if there ever was one!  I have been thinking
about exactly that since I offered to take over Polyglossia.  I don't
want to make any promise for the near future, though; there are more
urgent issues to tend to.

> The LPPL seems to imply that both Arthur and Vafa should actively confirm
> here their intentions of becoming the new respective maintainers, for the
> change of maintainerhip to become active.

  I hereby actively confirm my such intention.  I do not plan to change
my maintainer hip, however...

	Arthur