[tex-live] latex-unicode source

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at cs.ioc.ee
Wed Nov 30 10:31:09 CET 2011

Am Dienstag, den 26.07.2011, 14:41 +0200 schrieb Lionel Elie Mamane:
> forwarded 635382 jeltsch at informatik.tu-cottbus.de
> thanks
>
> (Please keep 635382 at bugs.debian.org in the CC in replies.)
>
> Hi,
>
> According to archives of newsgroup comp.text.tex, you are now the
> maintainer of latex-unicode. That's right?

Hi,

this is true. I’m very sorry that I didn’t answer you when you sent this
e-mail. Although I’ve been more busy than usual during the last months,
I recognize that this is no proper excuse for answering with a delay of
four months. :-(

> I noticed that the file ucs.dtx (source of many other files that form
> latex-unicode; directory macros/latex/contrib/unicode/ on CTAN) is not
> on CTAN (and thus not in TeX-live and thus not in Debian); did you get
> it from the previous maintainer? In that case, could you please put it
> on CTAN (and probably remove the generated files from CTAN), so that
> it trickles down to texlive and Debian? That would be great. Thanks in
> advance.

Yes, I’ve received it from the previous maintainer Dominique Unruh. As
Frank Küster has already recognized, it is in the source code
repository. Note that the URL of this repo has changed today. It’s now

    <http://darcs.wolfgang.jeltsch.info/tex/unicode/>  .

So ucs.dtx will go to CTAN when I’ll finally release an updated version
of the unicode package (which I really should do soon).

> Also, the previous maintainer's latex-unicode webpage (mentioned in
> the files on CTAN) (http://www.unruh.de/DniQ/latex/unicode/) redirects
> to your website at
> http://wolfgang.jeltsch.info/software/latex-unicode/, but that's a
> 404.