[tex-live] texconfig conf

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Nov 30 11:12:29 CET 2011

On Di, 29 Nov 2011, Ernesto Posse wrote:
> I did in my original post. Here it is again:

Which I never saw, sorry,

> [eposse at flamenco:~/Tests/latex] > texconfig conf
> =========================== version information ==========================

That is a bug in the packaging of Debian. THe reason is quite simple:
- Debina packages set -e flag in the executable
- texconfig checks for TEXMFDIST/release-tetex-texmf.txt
Since -e is set it terminates here.

A simple run
	sh -e -x /usr/bin/texconfig conf
would have shown you that.

Running sh /usr/bin/texconfig conf will show you everything.

Please report this bug to Debian and/or Ubuntu.

End of the mystery.

Norbert