[tex-live] texconfig conf

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Nov 29 21:52:34 CET 2011

On 11/29/2011 11:00 AM, Ernesto Posse wrote:

> To recap my problem: 'texconfig conf' is not reporting anything.

Maybe this could help. I have both TeXLive 2011 (from TUG) and TeXLive
(2009) from Ubuntu repositories on Ubuntu 11.10. TL 2011 takes
precedence as I prepend it in /etc/environment.

I'm attaching the output of texconfig conf with TL2011 active
---texconfig-TL2011.txt: a long output---, as well as the output of
Ubuntu TL ---texconfig-TLUbuntu(2009).txt, which, if you care to see it,
is just

$ texconfig conf

The latter output was obtained, of course, taken TL2011 out of the path.

Ernesto,

My advice is for you to install TeXLive 2011 from TUG, keeping Ubuntu TL
to satisfy dependencies. You will not have any problem if you prepend
TL2011 path ---I do it in /etc/environment, but that's up to you.

Best

Axel