[tex-live] texconfig conf

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Nov 29 03:34:30 CET 2011

On Nov 28, 2011, at 18:25 , Norbert Preining wrote:

>>> Why should it tell you who you are?  TeX Live doesn't make any attempt
>>> to find this out.
>>
>> Er, that is not what Ernesto probably meant, although I
>> can see that some might misunderstand him.  I would
>> re-cast his words as :

> And the answer remains the same,
> 	Why should tlmgr/texconf/whatever tell you that you are running
> 	as root. That you *definitely* should know yourself, and if
> 	you do NOT know, you should NOT be root!

How about if we recast it like this:

"When I run texconfig, I obtain no information.  This happens even if
I run it as root."

I think Ernesto and Phil are both saying that it should print out more
than just

Here (MacTeX 2011), 'texconfig conf' prints out a bunch of variables
and config information.  But maybe Ernesto can clarify this for us...

--
Adam