[tex-live] final TL'10 update imminent

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 26 00:10:34 CEST 2011

Joseph,

The pretesting will start in a couple of days and probably last around a
month.  If you think that is long enough (and will involve enough users)
for your testing comfort, then I could certainly update those packages.
Conversely, if you don't think that is enough testing time, then you can
go ahead and upload to CTAN and the new version will not come to TL.

In general, during pretesting I won't automatically pull all updates
from CTAN to TL as I normally do; the whole point is to test a
more-or-less stable set of packages.  Of course we will update any
bug-fix releases that are made precisely to address whatever the testing
uncovers :).

Another idea for L3: you could upload your new stuff to CTAN in the
exptl/ directory again (while keeping the present stuff unchanged).
Then dedicated people could get it from there, but it would stay out of
TL.  Then in the unlikely event of a needed bug fix to the existing l3
packages you could update CTAN as normal.

Hope this helps somehow.

karl