[tex-live] Error from updmap-sys

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat May 21 12:14:50 CEST 2011

On 2011-05-21 at 08:25:39 +0200, Uwe Siart wrote:

 > On 21 May 2011 at 8:08, Uwe Siart wrote:
 >
 > > after today's update I get the following error from updmap-sys:
 >
 > Restoring tetex from revision 22398 helped.

Hi Uwe,
thank you very much for the report.  Karl mentioned last night that
the new version of updmap has been pushed out accidentally.  It was
planned for the freeze.

On CTAN there is an old version of TLUtils.pm in

  tlnet/archive/texlive.infra.tar.xz (rev. 20818)

while there is the required version in

  tlnet/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm (rev. 22457)

already.
Seems that a new verssion if texlive.infra has to be pushed out too.

This problem occurs on Windows only, on Unix the shell script has not
been replaced by a symlink yet.

I recommend other Windows users to postpone a TeX Live update until a
texlive.infra update is available.  If done already, reverting to the
older release of the tetex package should be sufficient, or, if
auto-backups were disabled, updating TLUtils manually should do the
trick too.

Regards, and thanks again for the report.
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25