[tex-live] [lltx] Location of recorder file

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Fri May 13 12:43:50 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:25:16AM +0200, Paul Isambert wrote:

> Le 13/05/2011 09:15, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard a écrit :
> >Le 13/05/2011 02:08, Philipp Stephani a écrit :
> >>or at
> >>least rewritten so that \jobname is never expanded at every job:
> >>
> >I don't see any way to achieve that at the moment.
>
> The following observation might help: \everyjob is put into the
> stream before whatever comes next. So it can know what's coming,
> either \input or anything else. If it is \input, then it just has to
> use one \expandafter before doing what it is supposed to do, and
> \jobname is correctly fixed.
>
> For instance, try "lualatex \input test"

And this will miss the cases where some code is inbetween that
does not affect \jobname, e.g.:
  "lualatex \def\flag{...}\input test"

And quoting the \jobname should not be necessary, because
LuaTeX supports the {}-syntax with \input, \openin, \openout, ...
Thus the LaTeX kernel macros that mess with file input and output
needs fixed to support spaces. Unhappily this will also change
internal interfaces, because the space is used as end delimiter
of the file name or spaces are removed from file names (\includeonly).

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek