[tex-live] Cant Typset After Error

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 04:01:30 CEST 2011

** Zdenek Wagner [2011-03-28 15:48:55 +0200]:

> 2011/3/28 Jenise Burks <jnsburks at yahoo.com>:
>> Hello,

>> Recently, I got a new hard drive for my Compaq (w/Windows Vista). I
>> re-downloaded TexLive online and have tried to finish working on my senior
>> research thesis.

>> Today, after editing in TexLive, I discovered that, if I made an error and
>> the red stop sign with the X appeared, I could not re-typeset. The program
>> literally somehow disconnects the typeset command because everthing else
>> works. NOTE: This only happens after an error. It took me a few days to see
>> this because I am normally pretty good with Tex.

> Could you provide error messages? Otherwise I am afraid no one can
> guess what's going on.

>> Can anyone explain how to correct this issue?

>> Thanks for ANY help.

I think that Jenise means the texworks program. Consult with texworks
documentation.

P.S. I tried to make a sample document with wrong LaTeX command and run
it in texworks. The 'Run' button became a button with 'X'. By pressing
it I stop document compilation so I could fix wrong command.

Besides, when I press 'Run' button the output windows appeares at bottom
of edit window. There is a line in which you may enter a 'x' (w/o
quotes), press Enter and stop compilation.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Scintillate, scintillate, globule vivific,
Fain how I pause at your nature specific,