[tex-live] pgf

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Mar 3 01:44:15 CET 2011

Hi Bob,

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3077720&group_id=142562&atid=752792

If you feel like trying to figure out the change (reversion, most
likely) that needs to be made to pgf, I could ask Till et al. about
installing it.  I expect he'd be ok with it.

    There's no sign of action toward fixing the bug.

Indeed, Till evidently no longer has time to actively maintain tikz/pgf,
and no one else has come forward.

    Is it possible to revert to an earlier version using tlmgr

If you have the old version in tlpkg/backups, then I guess it would be
theoretically possible.  It would be unlikely to be able to do it over
the net, unless you can find a sufficiently stale mirror.

    or do I have to install the older version by hand in a local texmf tree?

That sounds like a much simpler/easier/better approach to me :).

Best,
karl