[tex-live] tlpretest i386-cygwin: TrueType fonts in texmf-local not found

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 00:44:31 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 22:48, Rolf Dieterich wrote:

> So what I found out:
> The "filename" entrys in
> ~/.texlive2011/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/names/otfl-names.lua generated
> by mkluatexfontdb are in lower case letters whereas some of my fonts contain
> upper case letters, e.g. MinionPro-Standard.otf.
> I assume that kpse.lookup in otfl-font-nms.lua then can't find the font
> file.

Hans lowercased all fonts for ConTeXt to prevent problems with casing
(to ConTeXt the casing doesn't matter).

It can easily be that LuaLaTeX team took that part over and didn't
consider lowercasing the name when matching the font requested by the
user. (But this is pure speculation.)

> I also detected a weird entry in my otfl-names.lua database:
>  {
>   ["familyname"]="texmfhome",
>   ["filename"]={ "texmfhome.otf", false },

This is a font shipped with ConTeXt. (Don't ask me what exactly it
does, but developers use it for testing.)

Mojca