[tex-live] Xindy broken in TL2011 pretest?

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Jun 7 10:40:51 CEST 2011

On 07.06.2011, at 09:35, Joachim Schrod wrote:

> This command call is the problem. (I don't know yet why there's no
> error message output if the call goes awry.)

Dick has probably already given the relevant answers, but just to make sure.

> 1) Do the files /usr/texbin/xindy.run and /usr/texbin/xindy.mem
>    exist?

They both exist

> 2) Since Mac OS X is kind of a Unix nowadays, maybe these are
>    symbolic links? If yes, do they point to existing files?

texbin itself is a symbolic link which links to /usr/local/texlive/2011/bin

> 3) If you call xindy again, what is the output of "echo $?" after it
>    terminates?

The output is simply $

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„When you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.“ Abraham Maslow