[tex-live] tlmgr update --self

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 06:54:58 CEST 2011

On Jun 6, 2011, at 20:46 , Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On the other hand, it looks like TeXLive Utility "saves" a temporary
> mirror for a session. May be in the future tlmgr could be able to work
> in the "session" mode as well:

TeX Live Utility guarantees that the mirror from which you update/install
is the same one you're currently using for listing, and when the
update/install is done, it refreshes the list using that same mirror.
This greatly reduced user confusion when using mirror.ctan.org.  If
you don't like the current mirror, you always can get another one by
pressing the refresh button, as many times as you like :).

It's easier for me to save that temporary state across each launch of
tlmgr, though I have to launch it so many times that I wouldn't quite
say with Norbert that tlpdb loading is not an issue...

--
Adam