[tex-live] tlmgr update --self

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Jun 7 06:00:12 CEST 2011

On Mo, 06 Jun 2011, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> mirror for a session. May be in the future tlmgr could be able to work
> in the "session" mode as well:
>
> % tlmgr [options]
> repository SERVER-NAME
> tlmgr> update --list
> tlmgr> update --self
> tlmgr> update --all
> tlmgr> reinstall my-crap
> tlmgr> exit
> %

Besides that --self requires a restart ...

I am not sure it is worth the trouble. We have reduced the loading time
of the tlpdb considerably, so that is not an issue anymore. And remote
databases are also already hashed locally, and only a checksum is
downloaded, so .....

OTOH, the current code base actually allows quite easily to do this kind
of things, since the GUI mode does the very same thing ;-)

Best wishes

Norbert