[tex-live] tlmgr update --self

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 15:00:12 CEST 2011

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:

> Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> > Joseph Wright<joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk>  wrote:
> >
> >> then the combined version is not a big leap. For most users, I suspect
> >> that using the command line interface *at all* is too big a leap
> >> compared with the graphical interface.
> >
> > there's a graphical interface?  oh dear, how terrifying ...
>
> Now come along, Robin, you're a musician : you don't expect
> a composer to write down "Play G# for half a beat, then a
> quick glissando from A to E"; he expresses his composition
> using a stave, which is nothing more than a graphical interface :-)

indeed, after a bit under 60 years of practice, i'm quite fluent with
much of the music i read.  however:

  http://www.neatorama.com/2007/03/11/atushi-ojisama-crazy-sheet-music/

and the like leave me completely flustered.

whatever, i don't have another 60 years spare to start learning some
other complicated interface...