[tex-live] [pretest] xetex cannot handle pstricks

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 03:51:26 CEST 2011

** Akira Kakuto [2011-06-02 23:17:24 +0900]:

> Dear Uwe Siart,

>> Works fine here with xelatex (WinXP, TL pretest updated 2011-06-01). I
>> use GPL Ghostscript 9.02 as well. However, I have Ghostscript installed
>> apart from the Ghostscript that comes with TL. Don't know which of them
>> xdvipdfmx would use in that case (is it hardwired to TL's Ghostscript or
>> will it obey the order on PATH?).

> xdvipdfmx on win32 uses the Ghostscript that comes with TL
> if it exists. If it does not, uses another Ghostscript found
> in the PATH.

AFAIU, for Windows ghostscript is compiled with option '--enable-compile-inits'
while on most Linux distro (I only checked ubuntu/debian and know how it
is compiled on Archlinux) ghostscript is compiled with option
'--disable-compile-inits'. This may be the reason why on Windows this
code works.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--