[tex-live] TL 2011 Segmentation fault xelatex

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 27 14:22:15 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-27 14:12, Pander wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm experiencing a Segmentation fault on my more complex .tex files
> which I process with xelatex. The small or less complex files have no
> problems.
>
> How do I go about reporting this? Meanwhile I have deleted texlive-2010
> because all the smaller examples worked fine. Now I am stuck with a non
> working installation and a deadline. :S Hope this can be fixed soon.
>
> Below is part of the output. How do I go about reporting so that it can
> be fixed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pander
>

> LaTeX Warning: Reference `chap:ofl' on page viii undefined on input line 50.
>

> LaTeX Warning: Reference `chap:ufl' on page viii undefined on input line 50.
>

> LaTeX Warning: Reference `chap:panose+codes' on page viii undefined on
> input li
> ne 50.
>

> LaTeX Warning: Reference `chap:diacritic+codes' on page viii undefined
> on input
>  line 50.
>

> LaTeX Warning: Reference `chap:conclusion' on page viii undefined on
> input line
>  53.
>
> ) (./foreword.tex
> Overfull \vbox (12.0pt too high) has occurred while \output is active [8]
> Overfull \vbox (12.0pt too high) has occurred while \output is active
> [9Segmentation fault
> $ echo $?
> 141

The file foreword.tex contains:

%%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\chapter*{Foreword}\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Foreword}

% Blah blah blah
\lipsum[1-10]
\strut\\
\noindent Xxxxx Yyyyyyy\\
\noindent Bla die bla, Bla, March 2011

When I comment out the line \lipsum it continues but does a Segmentation
fault in the next file included, which is ./acknowledgements.tex but
that one does not contain any \lipsum.

When I comment out both \input{}, the segmentation fault appears when
parsing introduction.tex, which is also nothing special.

Hope this helps in pinpointing the problem...