[tex-live] local/personal fonts

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Jul 21 09:28:49 CEST 2011

Am Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:31:51 +0900 schrieb Norbert Preining:

> Why do you need *two* updmap-local.cfg?

miktex uses every updmap.cfg it finds. Together with the fact that
in miktex it is easy to "mount" additional texmf trees one can make
self-contained texmf trees of e.g. non-free fonts or local packages.
To use such a tree I only have to add it and then run updmap once. I
don't have to enable various maps (and to remember the names of the
maps) or to merge an local updmap.cfg with the one in the
UserConfig-root of miktex.

Currently my updmap parses 4 updmap.cfg (including the global) but
the number varies.

--
Ulrike Fischer