[tex-live] [tldev] problems with spaces under windows

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Sat Jul 2 16:33:30 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011, T T wrote:

> Anyway, I committed the fix and it tested successfully, but only on
> win32.  If anybody else could test that would be nice:
> 1. unpack install-tl.zip in path with spaces
> 2. replace TLUtils.pm and TLPDB.pm in tlpkg/TeXLive with fixed ones from svn
> 3. install to path with spaces (choose something else than
> scheme-full, I did portable minimal).
> 4. again replace TLUtils.pm and TLPDB.pm, this time in the installed system
> 5. tlmgr install something

I followed the above recipe, and everything worked well. I installed some
packages, e.g., concrete to test whether fonts generation on-the-fly also
works for various programs, and all test passed well (dvips,
dviout, dvipdfmx, run from texworks; before every test font was deleted
from my ~/.texlive/....)
Now I going to test also on Linux.

Ps. Karl wrote yesterday about changes in ptex, etc., but I haven't seen
any changes in repositories (cstug, tug) since 30 June...

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
staw at gust.org.pl